Our site is regularly updated with a variety of vacancies, for current positions or to send us your details for future roles please click on the links to the right.
If you would like to submit a speculative enquiry please email us your CV or alternatively fill in the acdc application form and send it to the address below, where we will place your application on file in the event of a suitable post becoming available.
Procurement Team Leader:
We are currently looking for an experienced procurement professional to act as the lead procurement interface to the New Product Development (NPD) and Customer Product Development (CPD) work streams. This will entail the designing of supply chains to meet the stated product brief, the formulation of supply chain programme inputs to each product development programme, and the capturing, reporting and managing of any supply chain risks pertaining to these projects.
They will also provide effective line management for the NPD Buyer and is able to work effectively as part of an integrated project team. They will work closely with Programme Manager and Lead Designers to ensure that supply chain inputs are aligned with the requirements of the overall programme. This role will also require supporting the CPD Manager in the population of CPD forms as required and the management of the supply chain inputs to CPD.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To liaise with the NPD Programme Manager and NPD Lead Designers to ensure that all Supply Chain inputs are topical, accurate and in line with the requirements of the overall Programme.
- Report the status of the Supply Chain inputs and represent the Procurement function at the Product Development Review Meeting.
- To work with NPD Work stream teams to identify, capture, report and manage all risks associated with Product Development that might affect the Supply Chain inputs.
- To utilise tools like Make Vs Buy and Total Acquisition Cost / Total Cost of Ownership Analysis in order to inform the decision making with respect to capital investment proposals.
- Perform Line Management duties that include the holding of 1-2-1s and Annual reviews with direct report, acting as first point of escalation, the day to day Management of team members.
- Design Supply Chains for each New Product Development Project that meet the requirements of the business in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Liaise with the Operational Team Leader and the Supply Chain Manager to agree on Category Management strategies as generated by the Operational Procurement team.
- Liaise with the Operational Team Leader and Category Buyers in the assessment of Supply Chain Capacity and Capability where necessary.
Critical Experience & Competencies
- 5 + years’ experience in Procurement within a manufacturing environment.
- Grade A – C in GCSE Maths and English.
- Proficient with Microsoft software Packages – Outlook, Word, Excel, Project.
- Experience in using Electronic Business Management Systems (such as ERP systems).
MCIPS qualification desirable.
Please forward all enquiries and applications to:
Simon Stead, Head of HR
acdc Head Office
Tel: +44 (0) 845 862 6400
Fax: +44 (0) 845 862 6401